Tapioca is a starch extracted from the cassava root which is used as a thickening agent in many foods and can be made into flour (it has a similar texture to cornstarch) and is often times used in gluten-free breads. Tapioca can also be made into little pearls, such as our pearls above. Personally, we like it best in pearls and in a tall glass of milky bubble tea, yum!
1. Add water to pot and bring to a boil (Use 8 parts water to 1 part tapioca.)
2. Once the water is boiling, add your tapioca and stir immediately with a wooden spoon until the tapioca has come to float.
3. Reduce the heat to a simmer and leave the tapioca to boil for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally (+- every 10 minutes).
4. After 35 minutes remove the pot from the heat and cover with a lid. Let it sit for a further 15 minutes.
5. Drain the cooked tapioca into a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold running water.
6. Place tapioca in a storage container and add enough sugar syrup to
submerge all the tapioca.
*To make a sugar syrup add 1 part sugar to 1 part water in a pot
and bring to a simmer. Constantly stir the pot until all
sugar is dissolved then remove from heat instantly.
BTSO Tapioca Pearls are certified Halaal by the National Independent Halaal Trust.
For recipes and ideas, visit our FAQ section, with new content uploaded regularly.
About BTSO: Bubble Tea Shop Online is South Africa’s leading supplier of bubble tea ingredients and niche drink products. No matter what BTSO is creating, we always choose the best ingredients possible to deliver the highest quality product for drinkers seeking more than the average.
Are you a cafe, restaurant bar? Please contact us directly and ask about opening a wholesale account.
Many of the products listed on our website are not our products, as such, we do not have distribution rights for them, which means you will need to contact the owners for wholesale or distribution prices.
|Dimensions||10 × 6 × 6 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
EASY RETURNS AND EXCHANGEWe have always set out to provide the very best product available, and we are confident that we have been keeping to that promise. If you feel like your order was not of the highest standard, we are going to do our utmost best to make this right. We would like to make a small ask, please ensure that it was purchased from us. That's it. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on: Phone: 011 702 3089 Email: email@example.com There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased. You can return unwanted items within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 7 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning has not been opened.
HOW TO PROCESS A RETURN, EXCHANGE OR REFUNDFill Out This Handy Form. That's it. We'll take care of the rest and get back to you within a working day. For more information please contact us on: Phone: 011 702 3089 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DELIVERYThe moment we receive payment from you we will send out your order for delivery. If you chose to pay via EFT, please email us a proof of payment to ensure the speediest delivery possible. Deliveries to Major Centres are often delivered within 1 working day. Deliveries to Outlying Areas are often delivered within 3 working days. If you do not receive a tracking number within 90 minutes of paying for your order (during business hours), please contact us and we will sort it out.
- Bubble Tea
- Gin and Tonics
- Prosecco/ Champagne
- Frozen yoghurt, ice cream and desserts.