No Bake Butterfly Pea Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
In case you haven’t noticed, I am obsessed with Butterfly Pea Powder at the mo!
And what’s not to love about this culinary chameleon? I especially love the lilac colour the Butterfly Pea Powder takes when mixed with the acidity of the lemon.
- Butterfly Pea Powder 100g
- Ina Parman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake x 1
- Fresh Cream x 1 cup (250ml)
- Smooth Plain Cottage Cheese x 1 Tub (250g)
- Water x 3/4 Cup (180ml)
- Coconut Biscuits x 10 (half packet of tennis biscuits)
- Butter x 3 tbsp (45g)
For the Base
- In small bowl crumb the coconut biscuits using your hands and the back of a spoon.
- On a low heat on the stove or in a microwave melt the butter.
- Mix the butter with the coconut biscuits until all the biscuits are well coated.
- Smooth out the coconut biscuit and butter mixture onto the bottom of a small pie dish (23cm x 5cm deep) TIP: use a wax paper for a smoother more uniform base.
- Place the pie dish into the freezer until set (15mins)
For the Butterfly Cheesecake
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add 3/4 cup (180 ml) cold tap water and sprinkle 100g Butterfly Pea Powder, the contents of Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake mixture and 1 tub of plane cottage cheese (250g) over the water and beat until well blended.
- In a smaller mixing bowl whip 1 cup (250ml) fresh cream until firm.
- Using the same beaters, whip the butterfly pea cheesecake mixture again until smooth then gently fold by hand the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture using a spatula or metal spoon.
- Pour the Butterfly Pea Cheesecake mixture over the coconut biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Place Butterfly Pea Cheesecake in fridge overnight or until set.
Optional: Add 1 jar of strawberry jelly to top of butterfly pea cheesecake before servint